- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Pencil Drawing Made Easy
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- User FriendlyEditor: 96%
- EffectivenessEditor: 98%
- Customer SupportEditor: 99%
- PriceEditor: 95%
One of the most misconceptions about drawing is that you must have a natural flair for drawing. This is not true at all.
The reason being drawing is just like any other skill and can be learned just as any skill can be learned. For you to be better at drawing, you need to understand what you are doing.
Pencil drawing made easy will show you all that you will ever need including the right equipment for you to get started on the right path.
In the first class,
- You will be shown the equipment that you need,
- You will also need to practice your first full drawing.
By your second class,
- You will be able to complete a drawing that is of gallery quality. An example is shown on the sales page. You will be able to track your progress.
After this, the shading, texture, negative drawing and reflections are what is covered in the next 4 modules.
In covering each of these modules, there is an explanation of the core concepts first. This is followed by a hands-on tutorial in which you will have to complete an actual drawing.
By doing it this way, you will understand exactly what it is you are drawing. Thus, with each module, you will be able to draw along provided you have your drawing tools at hand.
The quality of the videos can be varied to suit your internet connection’s speed and bandwidth. The spoon class is followed by the pencil studies.
Imagine being able to impress not only yourself but your family members as well as a few of your friends what it is you have been able to accomplish within such a short period of time.
This is what the first six modules of the program will help you to accomplish. Afterwards, the next module covers how to draw realistic portraits.
Nolan has figured out that the easiest portrait to start with is the eyes. Once again, you are leaning on his experience here in showing you where to start when you want to draw portraits – the eyes.
To realistically draw the eyes, you will need to know
- How to shade the different features of the eye.
- How to make the eye look glossy and wet,
- How to make the eye look recessed into the eye socket,
- How to draw realistic eyelashes and eyebrows,
- How each element of the eye fits together
- How each element of the eye affects each other
All these are covered in detail and in a step by step manner.
After the eyes, the next portrait drawing to learn will be how to draw realistic noses.
This class covers;
- The subtle little shadings and reflections to look out for while drawing
- How to make the nose appear as though it is raised up off the sheet of paper
- The mechanics of the nose and how the light affects it
With this knowledge, you can now confidently draw any nose, at any angle, and under any lighting situation
From noses, the module training covers how to realistically draw the mouth,
In this class you will learn,
- The different components of the mouth and what to look out for which drawing them
- How to make the lips look realistic, including the cracks in the lips. Lots of artists usually struggle with this aspect.
- How to make the teeth look sparkly and white.
- How to easily show the super fine detail like the reflections on the teeth
During this class, you will know where your problem areas lie and how to avoid them. This is true because you now have a better grasp of what you are learning
After the mouth, comes the realistic drawing of the ears. If I had to narrow it down to one area where most artists struggle, the drawing of the ear will be that area.
However, with Nolan’s guidance and experience, you will learn
- The six different areas of the ear and how to draw each realistically. This means that you will be able to avoid problem areas associated with the drawing of ears.
- How to make the ear stand out off the face. The result of this is that the ear looks three dimensional
After learning how to draw the ears, the next portraits to learn how to draw are cheeks, chins, foreheads & necks.
This is one of the reasons why this training is unique. This is because most other training programs out there will only show how to draw the five main features of the face and stop the training there.
In this module, you will learn
- How all the features of the face fit together.
- How to draw frown lines on the forehead
- How to add a dimple on the chin
- How to draw the neck. There is a right and a wrong way to do this. If you draw the neck wrongly, the whole face becomes flat.
The next module covers the drawing of the hair
- How to draw straight hair, dark hair, light hair and curly hair
- How to realistically show that you have drawn every strand of the hair even if you have not done so.
- How to ensure that the hair stands in the right manner on the person’s head
- What you should check in each person’s hair before drawing
In the next module, how to draw beards is covered.
This part is a must in every portrait course. In this class, you will be shown
- How to use an easy technique to draw stubble, short beards, long beards and even grey beards
After completing this module, you would have gone through 26 hours video training. Also, you can now confidently start to draw the portraits of members of your family.
These portraits can serve as your portfolio samples which you can then use to earn portrait projects which will fetch you cash.
The pencil made easy training program comes with 4 bonuses all which are described on the sales page.
In addition, there is an added bonus section dedicated to learning how to draw birds in a realistic manner. This is another 16 hours of over the shoulder training videos
For the 42 hours of the main training videos and the bonus 16 hours, you will invest $47. This amounts to $4.85 per 2 hour lesson
To conclude, pencil drawing made easy by Nolan Clark is an over the shoulder set of training videos that helps you to master the art of drawing just like an artist.
The total length of the videos is 42 hours. You have a lifetime access to the membership site for all the training videos. The videos are available on any device.
This program also contains downloadable PDFs all which are available in the members’ area.
– Tutorials and video lectures by which you can learn the best drawing skills without any extra training required.
– Each module of the program focuses on the basics of live drawing and sculptures.
– You can make money by selling your drawings over different exhibitions.
– The course is available in PDF format so that you can keep on learning the best drawing practices on the go.
– Simple yet effective tips and tricks by which you can get enhanced drawing skills within weeks.
The followers of this program will have to watch the video lectures to get best benefit for which ample time is required.
Summary: Pencil Drawing Made Easy is a training program by Nolan Clark through which artists and beginners can learn the best drawing skills needed to create a perfect masterpiece. By following the tutorials and modules briefed in the course, you can draw perfect live drawings by your own.